Fire Department Work to Extinguish Active Fire on 56th Street
Fire department responded early Sunday morning to a house fire in a home on 56th Street between 14th and 15th Avenues.
The fire broke out shortly before 2am, and emergency services were quick to respond to the structure fire.
All residents were evacuated safely and no injuries were reported.
While the flames sadly damaged what was the old Spinka Beis Medrash and nearby rooms, the Rebbe’s personal Cheder was miraculously untouched despite Fire and Water damage in close proximity.
Shomrim volunteers also managed to remove all Sifrei Torah from the Aron Kodesh and none of them were damaged.
A message sent out by the FDNY reads, “Per FDNY Fire Marshals the cause this morning’s all hands fire at 1462 56th Street in Brooklyn was accidental, faulty electrical wiring.”
Photos by: Shimmy M