8 Fun Hacks and Products to Try While Organizing for Pesach
By Yehudit Garmaise
1. Declutter: Walk around your house, apartment, garage, closets, and storage spaces, and make a list of anything and everything that can be thrown away, donated, and get picked up by Bulky Item Pick-Up. Helpful tip: Anything that has not been used or worn for a year is likely just taking up precious space.
2. Store bulky winter clothes and blankets: As Spring blooms in Boro Park, heavy sweaters, blankets, and other winter items can be vacuum-packed and zipped up for storage to make way for lighter clothing and linens.
3. Use a “Lazy-Susan:” a circular, spinning tray, in a cabinet or a refrigerator so that you can easily see and access cleaning products, condiments, or other items.
4. Put a damp towel on a broom: to clean ceilings of cobwebs, dust, and dirt.
5. Try Silly Putty: Sticky putties are fun products that clean keyboards, drawers, vents, car detailing, and other hard-to-reach places.
6. Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser: a “magic sponge” that is made from melamine foam, which is a mild, abrasive cleaning material that can remove everything from permanent marker stains, to scuff marks, and grime build-up.
7. Use a dryer sheet: to remove water residue on shower doors.
8. Slice a lemon: and rub it stainless steel faucets to remove water stains.