Motzei Shabbos Chanukah Family Fun: Put a Different Spin on Playing Dreidel - Easy and Fun Game for the Little Ones
By Yehudit Garmaise
- Pop some popcorn and put it in paper bowls.
- Take out some cold drinks and put out paper cups.
- Turn on some Chanukah music.
- Then, set up three large bowls, and fill one with small Chanukah treats, which will be called, “the nosh bowl.”
- Fill the second bowl, which will be called, “the Gelt Bowl,” with dollar bills or coins,
- Fill the third bowl, the ‘surprise’ bowl, with a variety of different types of little, fun prizes for both boys and girls.
- Some fun prize ideas: pop-it toys, Izzy and Dizzy ChanuCards, singing dreidels, gel, glitter, or smelly markers, colored pencils, slinkies, yo-yos, little dolls or action figures, balls with glitter inside, simple craft projects, writing notebooks, books, doughnuts, and Chanukah-themed candy.
- Everyone gets a dreidel and several turns to spin.
- When a player’s dreidel lands on nun, that participant gets to choose something out of the “Nosh Bowl.”
- When a player’s dreidel lands on gimel, they can take a dollar from the “Gelt Bowl.”
- Players whose dreidels land on heh choose a prize from the surprise bowl and then give it to someone else who might enjoy it.
- Dreidels land on shin, prompt players to “share,” and take one of their prizes to give it to another player.
Thank you to Mrs. Tova Younger of Kiryat Sefer, Israel, for this fun and creative dreidel party!